Ryan Kelley is a nationally registered Emergency Medical Technician and the former managing editor of the Journal of Emergency Medical Services (JEMS). During his time at JEMS, Ryan developed Mobile Integrated Healthcare in Action, a series of in-depth articles on Community Paramedicine programs across the country that go beyond transporting patients to emergency rooms and connects specific patients, such as repeat system users, the homeless and others with behavioral health issues and substance use disorders, to definitive long-term care and treatment.
In his current capacity as Medical Editor for American Addiction Centers, Ryan works to provide accurate, authoritative information to those seeking help for substance abuse and behavioral health issues.
- Addiction & Demographics: Evaluating an Individual’s Treatment Needs
- Addiction among Socioeconomic Groups
- Addiction Among African Americans
- Addiction Among Different Races in the U.S.
- Diseases Associated with Alcohol or Drug Use
- Alcohol Addiction and Abuse
- Binge Drinking: When Does It Become a Problem?
- How to Deal With Withdrawal
- How do Drugs (Substance Abuse) Affect the Cardiovascular System?
- Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms & Timeline