Dr. Thomas received his medical degree from the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. During his medical studies, Dr. Thomas saw firsthand the multitude of lives impacted by struggles with substance abuse and addiction, motivating him to seek a clinical psychiatry preceptorship at the San Diego VA Hospital’s Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Treatment Program.
In his post-graduate clinical work, Dr. Thomas later applied the tenets he learned to help guide his therapeutic approach with many patients in need of substance treatment. In his current capacity as Senior Medical Editor for American Addiction Centers, Dr. Thomas, works to provide accurate, authoritative information to those seeking help for substance abuse and behavioral health issues.
- Addiction Among Native Americans
- Are There Different Types of Alcoholics?
- Different Stages of Alcohol Intoxication
- Substance-Related Respiratory Conditions
- How to Help Someone on a Bad Trip or High
- Difference between Alprazolam (Xanax) & Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- What Is Alcohol Poisoning?
- 7 Common Health Conditions Caused by Substance Abuse
- Cocaine and MDMA: What to Expect
- How Similar Is LSA (Morning Glory Seeds) to LSD?