Washington D.C. Drug and Alcohol Rehab Guide
One in 10 individuals in Washington D.C. has an alcohol use disorder, and one in eight suffers from a substance use disorder.1 For both conditions, that’s more than twice the regional and national average.1
For individuals struggling with addiction in the area, it’s important to recognize that there is help available. The following information will provide you with essential details about finding and receiving drug and alcohol treatment in and around Washington, D.C.
Addiction Treatment Options in and Around Washington D.C.
There are more than 370 rehab centers in D.C., each offering a variety of treatment types for those who need treatment for drug or alcohol addiction.While there are widely accepted practices, there is no single way to treat addiction; treatment plans can vary from person to person depending on the substances used, duration of use, and other considerations.
That’s why, when researching substance abuse treatment in and around Washington D.C., it’s critical to consider multiple factors, including the levels of addiction treatment offered:
- For many, a first step involves medical detox where medical staff monitor and provide support through the withdrawal process. Clinicians provide round-the-clock care to ensure the patient’s safety.
- Patients in residential treatment live in the facility and receive care with staff available to assist them 24/7. Inpatient and residential programs are great for introducing structure and healthy habits for those whose lives have become chaotic due to their addictions.
- A partial hospitalization program (PHP) is a structured program that does not require the patient to live at the facility. Instead, the patient attends therapy and support group sessions about 5 days a week for approximately 6 hours per day.
- Oftentimes, intensive outpatient programs (IOP) are a transition between inpatient and outpatient treatment; however, IOPs (which involve up to 9 hours of treatment per week) may also be effective as standalone treatment programs.
Sunrise House Treatment Center is an addiction treatment facility located in New Jersey offering primarily medical detox and inpatient/residential treatment. Sunrise House Treatment Center presents a good option for individuals in D.C. and other regions of the Northeast who wish to start fresh in a new environment while not traveling too far from home.
How Much Does Drug and Alcohol Rehab Cost in Washington D.C.?
The inability to pay for treatment should never be a barrier to receiving life-saving help. However, the idea of treatment costs can deter many people from seeking help. You should know that there are many ways to manage the price of rehab.
Using insurance to pay for addiction treatment can help reduce overall treatment costs. Facilities like Sunrise House will often assist patients who may not have insurance or who have substantial out-of-pocket expenses find ways of paying for treatment (for example, financing or loans). Most healthcare plans do cover at least some of the costs of treatment due to the Affordable Care Act.
Sunrise House Treatment Center accepts many insurance plans including:
You can quickly verify your insurance coverage with our . Simply input a few basic details and receive results in your inbox in just minutes.
Are You Struggling With Addiction?
Washington D.C. Addiction Info
- Since 2018, overdose deaths from opioids have nearly doubled, with 411 district residents dying in 2020.2
- Fentanyl continues to be a troubling factor, as it was attributable for 94% of opioid death cases in D.C. in 2020.2
- From 2017-2019, 51.2% of young adults 18-25 years old and living in the district reported binge drinking over a 30-day period, compared with the national average of 35.4%.1
Frequently Asked Questions
- Northeast Treatment Guide
- New Jersey
- New York
- Washington, D.C.