With expansions to Medicare and Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act, many people who struggle with substance abuse and addiction have new access to services for treatment and recovery support. Federally mandated insurance exchanges offer healthcare subsidies to low-income individuals, and the ACA itself requires insurance companies to cover addiction treatment. The ACA also expanded Medicare coverage and added Medicaid programs to cover more people.
List of NJ Rehabs That Take Medicaid or Medicare
Rehabs in NJ that accept Medicare or Medicaid are as follows;
- Bowling Green Brandywine
- Center for Family Services
- Evers Psychological Associates, PC
- Family Intervention Services
- It Takes a Family
- New Pathways Counseling
- Sprout Health Group
- Clare’s Health
- Summit Oaks Hospital
New Jersey offers several great programs geared to help low-income people who otherwise did not qualify for the state’s General Assistance program, which has an income cap for non-disabled people.
The Role of Medicare and Medicaid
According to Medicare.gov, everyone covered under this government plan has the right to be treated with dignity and respect at all times; protected from discrimination; have personal health information kept private; and have the opportunity to make a decision about services needed. Medicaid’s role in healthcare and treatment is expanded across the country, and the government insurance program is creating new ways to monitor standards of treatment, ensuring everyone has access to high-quality care while recovering from addiction. Substance abuse treatment is a protected form of coverage per Medicare and Medicaid, although not all facilities who offer treatment programs accept this form of insurance. New Jersey has several great options that accept Medicaid, Medicare, or both.
New Jersey Rehabs That Accept Medicaid & Medicare
Some of the programs offered in the state of New Jersey that accept Medicaid and Medicare insurance are outlined below:
- Bowling Green Brandywine: This treatment program offers detox and inpatient treatment services as well as help for pregnant women. A variety of programs are focused on treating specific addictions, such as addictions to alcohol, heroin, benzodiazepines, opioid painkillers, and more. The organization accepts both Medicare and Medicaid.
- Center for Family Services: This nonprofit group focuses on helping the entire family unit overcome addiction together. Their adult and child substance abuse recovery services are funded by charitable trusts as well as Medicaid and county-based resources. Once a person has been admitted to the recovery program, the care team at CFS assesses the individual, develops a plan to support them through recovery, helps them learn the value of sober activities, helps rebuild and develop healthy friendships and relationships, and works to prevent relapse.
- Evers Psychological Associates, PC: This multidisciplinary health practice offers counseling for addiction and substance abuse problems as well as other mental and behavioral health concerns. Children, adolescents, adults, and families are all welcome. The providers accept Medicaid.
- Family Intervention Services: Though many programs are offered by this nonprofit group, their substance abuse programs help the whole family heal together. Outpatient programs involving children accept Medicaid insurance coverage.
- It Takes a Family: This is community-based treatment program for behavioral, mental health, and substance abuse difficulties. ITAF offers home therapy, medication monitoring, psychological and psychiatric assessments, individual and family therapy, and much more for addiction, eating disorders, behavioral and mental health, and relationships. The group accepts both Medicaid and Medicare insurance coverage.
- New Pathways Counseling: This charitable group offers detoxification and rehabilitation services for adolescents and adults. Rehabilitation programs include partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, traditional outpatient, early intervention, medication-assisted therapy, individual therapy, and relapse prevention. Some programs offer transportation assistance too. Medicaid is one of the insurance payment options that New Pathways accepts.
- Sprout Health Group: This medical provider treats substance abuse issues in adolescents, adults, and families. The facility accepts one-time payment as well as Medicare insurance coverage. They provide medical detox, co-occurring disorder treatments, inpatient and outpatient services, and pain management.
- Clare’s Health: St. Clare’s Health provides emergency, hospital, and general medical services, including substance abuse and behavioral treatment. The group offers intensive and regular outpatient treatment options for those eligible for this type of substance abuse treatment. St. Clare’s also refers patients to other services if they require more intensive care than the hospital can provide. Medicaid is an accepted form of insurance, and patients can also apply for financial assistance.
- Summit Oaks Hospital: One of the longest-running substance abuse and mental health service programs in New Jersey, Summit Oaks Hospital was originally founded in 1902. Current programs include drug and alcohol detox, rehabilitation, inpatient and outpatient options, and co-occurring disorder treatment. In addition to major insurance options, Summit Oaks accepts Medicare and Medicaid.
Other New Jersey Treatment Resources
NJ Department of Human Services
New Jersey has a variety of substance abuse treatment options, regulations and support available through the Department of Human Services. Options range from education, intervention, treatment services and recovery support. NJ Addiction Services
Free Drug Rehabs In NJ
Those who would otherwise be unable to pay for drug and alcohol rehab can receive the treatment and care that they need to work toward recovery. Free rehab facilities, like other addiction facilities, provide care in a controlled setting, allowing patients to be in a safe environment that provides them with greater opportunity for recovery. Free Drug Rehabs In NJ
NJ State Funded Rehabs
New Jersey has a variety of substance abuse treatment options. In order to help the largest possible population, the state itself offers government funding to subsidize treatment programs. Several nonprofits offer many services to help low-income individuals overcome addiction. NJ State Funded Rehabs
Drug and Alcohol Treatment in New Jersey
Regardless of age, finances, or insurance type, everyone who struggles with addiction in New Jersey should be treated with dignity and respect. They should have access to high-quality treatment based on their individual needs. Both Medicaid and Medicare help advocate for these resources. As government-based insurance programs, Medicare and Medicaid fight for the rights of those they cover, so programs can provide treatment to as many people as possible, without sacrificing effectiveness or quality. It is very possible to live a healthy, sober life, regardless of insurance or ability to pay. Overcoming addiction means entering a rehabilitation program, and there are many options for treatment in New Jersey.
Sunrise House Treatment Center offers a variety of addiction treatment options and customized programs to help get people started in recovery. We do work with people with various financial situations. You can learn more about payment options for treatment at Sunrise House, or any American Addiction Centers facility, or give us a call anytime at 973-862-4820 to discuss options.