Addiction Rehab and Resources in Maryland
Accepting that you or a loved one has a substance abuse issue is the first step to creating a better future. This guide will help you navigate the process of finding treatment at a Maryland addiction recovery center as the next step on the road to recovery.
Rehab Options In & Around Maryland
Drug and Alcohol Rehab Options in and Around Maryland
There are hundreds of drug and alcohol rehabs in Maryland—216 facilities within 25 miles of Baltimore alone.1 There are a number of factors you will want to consider when choosing an alcohol and drug rehab in Maryland. These include:
- Accreditations. The facility you choose should be licensed and accredited by the state and the appropriate accrediting bodies to ensure they meet the proper standards of care. Staff should also be licensed and certified to administer care. Many sites have staff pages where you can view staff members and their backgrounds. addiction treatment.
- Programs offered. When it comes to addiction treatment, one approach doesn’t work for every single person, and there are many There is a range of treatment types and therapy options that have been proven effective in treating substance use disorders. The facility you choose should offer individualized treatment plans designed specifically for each patient based on several factors, including substance(s) used, addiction severity, co-occurring disorders, motivation for treatment, and more.
- Facility. Does the facility look clean, comfortable, and safe? Are there amenities offered such as indoor and outdoor activities, private and community spaces, art and music programs? Feeling comfortable in treatment can go a long way toward making the experience a positive one and helping you to feel good about your recovery journey.
- Location. A facility’s location is an important consideration if you want to remain close to home or, conversely, want to start fresh away from a current life situation or people who may trigger addictive behaviors.
- Aftercare planning. A solid aftercare program is beneficial to maintaining long-term sobriety. Many facilities will begin the process of aftercare planning at the beginning of treatment and adjust the plan as the patient progresses. The facility you choose should offer aftercare planning as part of their program.
- Costs. Most facilities accept private or state-funded health insurance. If you don’t have insurance, many offer payment options such as financing or monthly payment plans.
Types of Addiction Treatment Available Near Maryland
Addiction treatment is delivered in many forms, depending on the patient’s needs. Some of the treatment types offered at various facilities in and around Maryland include: Addiction is different for every person, so it’s important that treatment meets the unique needs of each individual. Upon admission to treatment, clinicians will assess an individual and create a plan that can include any of the following treatment types:
- Medical Detoxification. Withdrawal is often a barrier to people getting sober, as it can be uncomfortable or even life-threatening in some cases. In medical detox, patients are given medications and supportive care to get through the worst part of withdrawal and move safely into another form of treatment. Clinicians medically monitor a patient 24/7 to ensure a safe and comfortable withdrawal from any substances still in the body.
- Inpatient Treatment. For those who need intensive treatment, who have little support at home, or who need some distance from their home environment to get sober, inpatient programs can be very beneficial. Staff are on-hand 24/7 to provide support, and patients can give their full focus to their recovery. with severe or chronic addiction, inpatient treatment provides structure in a substance-free environment for anywhere from 30 to 90 days.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP). A patient attends PHP for several hours each day, but does not reside at the facility.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). Similar to a PHP, but with fewer treatment hours, an IOP can be an effective standalone treatment or a great step-down option for someone who has been in an inpatient rehab or PHP.
- Outpatient Rehab. Regular outpatient visits are often part of an aftercare program and can help a person stay connected to their recovery goals. Effective for those who have completed inpatient rehabilitation or for someone with a less severe substance abuse disorder.
Getting Admitted to Drug and Alcohol Rehab
It’s important to take some time deciding which facility is the right one for your needs. Part of the process involves finding a rehab in or around Maryland that will accept your health plan insurance if you want plan to use insurance for addiction treatment.
You can easily check to see if your insurance coverage is accepted at Sunrise House Treatment Center, an accredited and highly reviewed treatment facility in nearby New Jersey with our .
Are You Struggling With Addiction?
How Common Is Addiction in Maryland?
While these numbers can feel discouraging, it’s important to know that help is available for those struggling with addiction.
More Addiction Info and Resources Near Maryland
Addiction treatment is the first step on the road to recovery and a better tomorrow. For more information and treatment resources in and around Maryland, consult the following guides:
- Guide to the Northeast US Mental Health & Addiction Rehab
- A Guide to Rehab Programs in NYC
- Yonkers Drug Rehab Guide
- A Guide to Rehabs in Baltimore
- Elizabeth, NJ Rehab Programs Guide
- A Guide to Rehabs in Philadelphia
Additional Addiction Resources
- Northeast Treatment Guide
- New Jersey
- New York
- Washington, D.C.