Addiction Treatment Near Elizabeth, New Jersey
Elizabeth, New Jersey, is the 4th largest city in the state.1 Much like the rest of the state, many residents struggle with drug and alcohol misuse. Rehab facilities in and near Elizabeth, NJ, offer hope to those residents battling addiction.
If you or someone you love needs help with substance use, effective treatment is available. This page will help you find a Northeast addiction center and explain what you can expect during the admissions and treatment process.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Near Elizabeth, New Jersey
Sunrise House Treatment Center is a drug and alcohol rehab near Elizabeth that offers evidence-based addiction treatment in a serene, healing location.
Types of Addiction Treatment
Addiction is unique to every person. Upon admission to rehab, medical personnel will assess an incoming patient to determine the ideal course of treatment. This provides a guide for the patient and helps establish program goals. There are several levels of addiction treatment that a patient may participate in, such as:
- Medical detox. A medical detox is often the first step on the road to recovery, especially for people dependent on opioids, alcohol, or sedatives. Clinicians medically monitor a patient 24/7 to ensure they are safe and comfortable during acute withdrawal.
- Inpatient rehab. Patients receive all-day treatment in a live-in, drug-free environment. Structure and therapy (individual and group) are prioritized. Length of inpatient treatment programs vary and often range from several weeks to several months.
- Outpatient. Outpatient treatment can be delivered at varying levels. For example, partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) closely match services provided in inpatient programs, but allows patients to live at home. Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) are less intensive than PHPs but more intensive than standard outpatient programs which may involve as few as 1-2 hours per week.
- Aftercare. Having an aftercare plan can be integral to maintaining sobriety and long-term recovery. Each person’s plan will be designed to maintain the right level of support and structure after more intensive addiction treatment has concluded.
How To Choose a Rehab Facility
There are several factors to consider when selecting a treatment center. Some of these include the following:
- Specialized treatment programs. Some drug and alcohol rehabs in NJ, may offer programs tailored to certain populations. At Sunrise House, we offer an addiction treatment program for Veterans specifically.
- Facility amenities. A rehab’s amenities are also important to consider. Many rehabs in or near Elizabeth, NJ, offer recreation areas, gym and fitness centers, community and private spaces, off-campus excursions, and more.
- Payment options. Often, the easiest way to find affordable treatment is to find a facility where you can use your insurance coverage for rehab. Generally, you’ll want to stay in your plan’s network, as going out of network can result in significantly higher costs. Sunrise House is in-network with most major insurance providers. If you’re uninsured or underinsured, you can speak with an admissions navigator about other ways to pay for rehab. These could be loans, flexible financing plans, or other options.
- Location. If local Elizabeth, NJ, treatment options don’t suit your needs, it can be beneficial to travel to another location to receive treatment services. Starting anew away from people and places that played a part in past addiction behaviors and activities can increase the odds for recovery success. Sunrise House in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, is about an hour away from Elizabeth, providing the perfect combination of healthy distance and easy travel for loved ones. Discover how attending inpatient rehab in New Jersey can help better your life today.
Getting Admitted to Rehab in New Jersey
At Sunrise House, we make it easy to start the admissions process. Caring admissions navigators are available 24/7 to answer your questions, explain how we create a customized treatment program for each patient, and help you determine the best way to pay for your care. Call to find out more.
You can also quickly and securely .
Directions to Sunrise House from Elizabeth, NJ
Sunrise House Treatment Center is located just an hour’s drive away from Elizabeth, New Jersey.
Elizabeth, NJ, Substance Use Statistics
- 2,266 involved fentanyl.
- 600 involved alcohol.
Alcohol Misuse in Elizabeth, New Jersey
Elizabeth, New Jersey is located in Union County. During 2021, the most common primary drug of use reported in substance use treatment center admissions was alcohol (38%).4
New Jersey had a 21.1% increase in alcohol-related driving fatalities in 2021. Out of the 697 deaths, 29 of the victims were from Union County.5
Drug Use in Elizabeth, New Jersey
Drug use is another concern for residents in Union County. Of those admitting for treatment, 36% reported heroin as their primary drug of use in 2021. This makes heroin second only to alcohol as the most common primary drug used.4
Like New Jersey state data overall, a significant majority of 2019 confirmed drug overdose deaths in Union County involved fentanyl. Of the 132 deaths in Union County, 109 involved fentanyl.3
If you or someone you love is struggling with alcohol or drug addiction, recovery is possible. Reach out for the help you deserve today.
- Northeast Treatment Guide
- New Jersey Rehab Guide
- New York Rehab Guide
- Maryland Addiction Guide
- Pennsylvania Rehab Guide
- Washington, D.C. Rehab Guide