Rehab Near Pennsylvania: Options, Stats & Ways to Pay
In June 2021, Pennsylvania became one of four states to partner with a nonprofit national organization dedicated to ending addiction.1 For Pennsylvania residents struggling with addiction, this initiative, along with the availability of drug and alcohol rehabs near PA, offers help and hope for a brighter, substance-free future.
Rehabs Near Pennsylvania
Types of Drug and Alcohol Rehab Near PA
Because everyone’s situation is unique, the type of treatment that will prove most effective for an individual varies. You’ll find as you research rehabs in and near PA that there are many different levels of addiction treatment available at various facilities, including:
- Detox. The journey to sobriety often begins with some form of detox. Some facilities offer only a supportive environment in which to undergo withdrawal, while others have a medical detox program where doctors and nurses provide medications to help patients through the withdrawal process. Sunrise House offers an inpatient medical detox to ensure patient safety and comfort.
- Inpatient treatment. Those undergoing inpatient treatment for addiction live at the rehab facility where they are expected to abide by facility rules and attend therapy groups, counseling, and drug education classes. Inpatient treatment provides much-needed structure to counteract the chaos of addiction.
- Outpatient treatment. Patients who attend outpatient treatment reside outside the facility and attend treatment during the day. Outpatient programs vary in intensity and the number of treatment hours per week, and are tailored to suit an individual’s needs.
- Aftercare. Continuing care after rehab is an integral part of maintaining long-term recovery. An aftercare program may involve attending support group meetings, establishing a recovery network, and staying at a substance-free sober living facility. Facilities such as Sunrise House will often begin aftercare planning on day 1 of treatment.
How to Choose a Drug and Alcohol Rehab
It’s important to take the time to find an addiction treatment facility that meets your individual needs. There are many factors to consider when researching facilities, including:
- Amenities. Rehab amenities and activities are a valuable part of a treatment program, so you should consider what is important to you. For example, you may want to look at accommodations, indoor and outdoor community spaces, a gym or fitness center, dietary needs, and more.
- Location. For some, staying close to home while attending treatment is important. Others find it beneficial to leave an environment and people who might present a challenge to them maintaining sobriety. Sunrise House Treatment Center provides inpatient addiction treatment in New Jersey at a quality facility for those Pennsylvanians who wish to attend treatment away from home.
- Insurance. Health insurance will often cover a portion of addiction treatment. If you have health insurance, it’s important to verify that your provider is in-network and accepted at the rehab facility you choose.
Ways to Pay for Addiction Treatment
The Affordable Care Act expanded coverage for mental health and substance use disorders, but how much coverage you have and where you can use it will depend on your specific insurance plan.
When using health insurance to pay for rehab, it’s essential to make sure the facility accepts your provider’s coverage. If you don’t have insurance, you’ll want to determine whether the facility offers financing options or other ways to pay for treatment.
Sunrise House Treatment Center accepts insurance from a number of popular local carriers, including Cigna, Aetna, Optum, and BlueCross BlueShield, among others.
You can quickly verify your insurance coverage for addiction treatment by using our
Get Admitted to Rehab & Start Addiction Treatment
It can be reassuring for a patient to know what to expect in addiction treatment, beginning with the rehab admissions process. Generally, getting admitted to rehab and starting treatment involves:
- Finding a treatment facility and verifying your insurance coverage or financing options.
- Coordinating your travel plans (if attending rehab in another city or state). At Sunrise House, facility staff can work with you to help plan your travel to our facility.
- Getting evaluated by a professional and developing a treatment plan. Upon admission, medical personnel will perform an assessment to determine the ideal and most appropriate type of treatment and therapies. This can be based on several factors, including which substances are being misused, the severity and length of the addiction, co-occurring mental health disorders such as depression or anxiety, motivation for recovery, and more.
Directions to Sunrise House
Are you Struggling with Addiction?
Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Pennsylvania
How Common Is Addiction in Pennsylvania?
The issue of substance use, misuse, and addiction is of rising concern in the state of Pennsylvania. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that in PA:
- An estimated 5,186 people died from drug overdoses in 2020.2
- Between 2019–2020, overdose deaths involving synthetic opioids like fentanyl increased by 34.7%.3
- Between 2019–2020, overdose deaths involving prescription opioids increased by 22%.4
Additionally, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) compiles annual data about addiction and mental health treatment in the United States. Between 2018–2019, they reported the following statistics regarding Pennsylvania adults over the age of 18:5
- 11.34% reported using illicit drugs within a 30-day period.
- 27.06% indicated they had binged alcohol within a 30-day period.
- 7.31% had been diagnosed with a substance use disorder.
- 5.10% said they needed but did not receive treatment for alcohol use.
More Addiction Info and Resources Near PA
For more addiction information and resources in and near Pennsylvania as well as in the region, we recommend the following regional guides:
- Northeast Treatment Guide
- New Jersey Rehab Guide
- New York Rehab Guide
- Maryland Addiction Guide
- Pennsylvania Rehab Guide
- Washington, D.C. Rehab Guide